– Mom’s meeting me here for coffee. She says she has a surprise for me.
– What do you think it is?
– I don’t know. But Mom says I’ll like it.
– Hi Mom! so what’s the surprise?
– You can’t wait, can you?
– Ok. we’re going to take a trip to Europe.
– Europe?! I’ve always want to travel to Europe!
– I know.
– When are we going? Where are we going? how long can we stay?
– We’ll go during your Christmas vacation. We’ll stay about a week.
– But where will we go?
– Dad says you and I can decide.
– Wow! Let’s go to Paris, Rome, London,…
– Wait a minute! We’ll only have a week for sightseeing.
– That’s right. We cann’t see all famoust places in one week.
– So we should choose one place.
– Ok. Hmm… what do I want to see in Europe?
– Paris is famous for great art museums.
– London also has some reat museums.
– And we can speak Enlish there! So how are we going to decide?
– Why don’t you look on the computer?
– good idea
– Let’s see which cities have things we really want to see!
– There are so many places to go in Europe. Let just choose two cities and decide between them.
– That would be easier. We can each choose one. Where do you want to go?
– Paris, I think.
– I want to go to Paris to see the Louvre!
– What about you, Amber?
– I want to go to London!
– There are lots of attractions there.
– So you’ll decide beteww Paris and London.
– There are some cool castles in London.
– I know . Those would be fun to see.
– So let’s go to London.
– But I love to see the Effel Tower in Paris, too.
– Which city is easier to get around?
– Both cities have subways. That would be the best way to travel around. This isn’t going to be an easy decision. Paris and London both havw interestin attractions.
– And delicious food and cool stores!
– And they’re both expensive. You can’t choose the cheaper place.
– How are we going to decide?
– Well, let go home and talk to Dad.
– Right. We’ll just have to tell him.
– Tell him what?
– Tell him we need a longer vacation!
2. Bài học ngữ pháp tiếng anh qua video:
2.1 Câu hỏi đuôi
Chúng ta sử dụng câu hỏi đuôi để hỏi lại ý kiến về một điều gì đó, hay đơn giản chỉ là khẳng định lại suy nghĩ của bản thân thay cho dạn câu hỏi nghi vấn. Thường câu hỏi đuôi thể hiện việc đó đúng đến 90%.
—> S + can + V , cann’t + s?
—> S + cann’t + V, can + s?
Ex: You can’t wait, can you?
2.2 Cấu trúc với từ để hỏi “ wh question”
– Các từ để hỏi : where, when, why, what time, how long, how much
—> Where/when/what/why/ how long…. + do/does + S + V
When are we going? Where are we going? how long can we stay?
2.3 các cấu trúc khác trong bài
– surprise for + somebody : ngạc nhiên cho ai đó
– tobe going to + V —> thể hiện việc gì sẽ xảy ra trong tương lai có dự định sẵn